Over at Not Your Average HQ we cannot quite believe we are on the Countdown to Christmas already! Where did the last year go? For the Not Your Average team it has whizzed past in a flurry of sensational weddings. We have had the pleasure of designing and styling over 100 weddings this year, each one completely and utterly unique to our brides and grooms.
We love December; for Kelly it’s particularly special as it is her Wedding Anniversary, Ellie loves making it as magical as possible for her children, Becky loves getting to wrap all her gifts beautifully and for Olivia it’s the excitement of opening her advent calendar every morning. Because after all, if you can’t have chocolate for breakfast in December – when can you?! As we countdown to Christmas at NYA HQ in the right way, with a wine advent calendar from our wonderful marketing team at The Marketing Boutique (thank you girls!), we wanted to share with you our ideas for an exciting alternative countdown…
Wedding advent boxes! Or ‘Wedvent’ boxes.
Planning for a wedding is exciting but it can also be stressful. It is a mammoth task – organising numerous wedding suppliers, carefully watching the budget and trying to please family and friends – to mention just a few of the stresses upon a bride or groom’s shoulders. Far too often, self-care can take a back step during this busy planning period leaving you worn out in the run up to the wedding.
As you edge closer to the big day, caring about yourself is likely to drop down your list of priorities. This is where someone important in your life (maid of honour, bridesmaids, sister, mother or fiancé/fiancée) can step in to gift you a gorgeous wedding advent box. Alternatively, perhaps your loved one could do with some TLC in the run up to your wedding – show them you care with a DIY advent wedding box to prepare for them to say ‘I Do’.
Bridal 7 day Countdown ‘Wedvent’ Box
You will want to fill a bridal ‘wedvent’ box with swoon-worthy presents, on-the-day essentials and unique handmade items. We have hand selected a few special items (all products are UK made) that you could include in your bride-to-be’s box!
- Pillow Spray by Lordington Lavender in Sussex to ensure she is well rested in the run up to the big day.
- Cashmere Bed Socks by Rosie Sugden in Scotland so she doesn’t get cold feet.
- Personalised Luggage Tag by Studio Seed in Warwickshire essential for the honeymoon.
- Ring Dish by Kabinshop in London so she can keep her engagement ring safe on the morning of the wedding.
- Bath Bombs by Brighton Soap in Sussex so she can indulge in a luxurious bath and melt away any last-minute stresses.
- Lip Balm by A S Apothecary in Sussex, so she’ll have soft lips for her first married kiss.
- Makeup bag by The Personalised Wedding Company, Devon to fill with all the essentials she will need on her wedding day
Groom 7 day Countdown ‘Wedvent’ Box
Groom’s can often be overlooked in the run up to the big day. Treat the groom in your life to a few luxury gifts; aim to pick stylish and useful treats to make those final days run a little smoother for him.
- Stylish Socks by Peper Harow, London so that he doesn’t get cold feet
- Glen Garioch Whisky from Scotland as a little tipple before he says ‘I Do’
- Personalised Hip Flask by Hord, Yorkshire to fill with his above-mentioned whisky on the big day
- Lip Balm by Bulldog in London, so he’ll have soft lips for his first married kiss
- Personalised Pocket Watch by Ellie Ellie, Sussex to ensure he’s on time
- Personalised Luggage Tag by Maria Allen Boutique, Sussex essential for the honeymoon
- Travel Size Fragrance by Floris, London so he smells great on the big day and being a handy travel size he can take it away with him on honeymoon too!
If your best friend, daughter, son, sister, brother, fiancé or fiancée is due to get hitched in 2019 then treat them to the care they deserve and create this unique and thoughtful present for the run up to their wedding!
Alternatively, if you know somebody who’s getting hitched in 2020, why not treat them to a beautiful and practical Hummingbird Card Company 12 Month Countdown for Christmas to help them plan for their wedding day so they can make sure every little detail is thought of!